The Pangolin Shows Competition is a fun and interactive way to share your pre-programmed laser shows with others in the Pangolin community. All with a chance to win some great prizes and gift packages along the way.
This year’s competition begins on July 1st, 2015, and runs until November 1, 2015, at which point in time we will begin the judging for this year.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
This year we will have two show competitions – One for QuickShow shows, and one for BEYOND shows.
To participate, make sure you have registered on the Pangolin Shows Portal (www.pangolinshows.com) and then follow the instructions below.
1. Create a show for the competition using the QuickShow or BEYOND software, synchronized to your choice of music. Show content categories are open this year, so you can create beam shows, graphic shows, or a combination beam+graphic show.
2. Upload that show to the Pangolin Shows Portal (www.pangolinshows.com).
INFORMATION ON HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR SHOW:
3. If you create a QuickShow show, use the text “QS PSC 2015” in the description when uploading it to the portal.
4. If you create a BEYOND show, use the text “BEYOND PSC 2015” in the description when uploading it to the portal.
** This helps us clearly see new shows that have been uploaded, that are to be included in the competition’s judging **
HOW THE JUDGING FOR THE COMPETITION WILL BE HANDLED:
5. We will have a 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place ranking for both the QuickShow and BEYOND competitions, along with two honorable mentions for each of those categories.
6. The winners will be chosen by a panel of selected Pangolin judges, all of whom are well-versed and experienced in laser show creation.
7. The criteria for judging will be based on the following:
- Creativeness and developing an original, unique concept
- Use of custom-made frames and cues, instead of stock content
- Synchronization with music (so every beat has an effect or event timed to it)
8. The winners will be announced in a Pangolin newsletter, on our Facebook page, and on our website, after the judging is completed on November 1st, 2015.
PRIZES , AWARDS, and RECOGNITIONS:
We will be offering some great prizes (eight in total) for all those who place in both the Quickshow and BEYOND Competitions this year. These prizes are noted below. Those who place will also get a custom Pangolin Certificate, commemorating your achievement and participation. And we will also be publicly promoting everyone who places this year, by featuring you and your work in our newsletter, website and social media pages.
BEYOND COMPETITION PRIZES:
1st place: BEYOND with FB4 MAX, and APC40 MKII
2nd place: BEYOND with FB4 Standard
3rd place: BEYOND with FB3QS
QuickShow COMPETITION PRIZES:
1st place: BEYOND with FB4 Standard, and APC40 MKII
2nd place: BEYOND with FB3QS
3rd place: Upgrade from QuickShow to BEYOND
** For those who earn an honorable mention in this year’s competition, you will receive a complimentary Pangolin gift package, including a variety of Pangolin goodies just for your participation, as well as a custom Pangolin Certificate, commemorating your participation in this year’s event.
QUESTIONS? LET US KNOW…
If you have any questions on this year’s Pangolin Shows Portal Competition, Contact Us. We are happy to assist in this regard and we look forward to seeing the great work you and our clients create for this year’s event!